Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Golden Globes '13

How many of you managed to catch the Golden Globes? :)
I for one totally missed it and am so bummed! But thankfully with the internet, you can easily check out who wore what! These are just my favourite picks from the lot. There were A LOT of gorgeous gowns, but I must say these are my favourites! 

#1. Lucy Liu in Carolina Herrera 
I think the main reason I picked this outfit as my no.1 is probably because it's the most different of the lot. I love the simple sweetheart bustier cut & the gorgeous Cinderella skirt! I also love that the colour & print is different from the usual black, cream, nude shades & mermaid cuts. 

#2. Nicole Kidman in Alexander McQueen
Damn, this woman is a rack! She can wear anything and she'll look good in it! And this Alexander McQueen gown is no different! I love the simple skirt, the details across the bust & the sheer slim panel lines across the waist & ribs. At 45 of age, this woman is looking good! 

#3. Emily Blunt in Michael Kors 
Do you see the details on the dress! OMG! I love the shade of gold, the simple cut & the sexy cut outs! But I think what I am most drawn to has gotta be the gold and the gorgeous applique details all over it! 

#4. Anne Hathaway in Chanel
Not particularly a fan of Anne Hathaway and never have been but I must say that her simple white Chanel gown is simply lovely. It goes well with her pale skin, and dark short hair. 

#5. Jennifer Lawrence in Dior Haute Couture
The colour! OMG! And damn I gotta love this girl! If you've seen her at interviews you'll know she's silly and fun! Gotta say, this simple red belted gown looks really good on her and is pretty age appropriate as well. 

Other notable mentions.  
Taylor Swift in Donna Karan Atelier | Michelle Dockery in Alexandre Vauthier
Amanda Seyfried in Givenchy | Katherine McPhee in Theyskens' Theory
Hayden Panettiere in Cavalli | Megan Fox in Dolce & Gabbana 
Amy Adams in Marchesa | Jessica Alba in Oscar de la Renta

Looking at all these gorgeous gowns I am wishing I could go for an award show! Designers I would LOVE to wear are Alexander McQueen, Tom Ford & Armani Prive. Though of course, I wouldn't mind Marc Jacobs, Michael Kors, Zac Posen & Marchesa.
Here's to wishing!

Which of these are your favourites & who would you wear on the red carpet? :) 
Let us know! :)

xoxo

Credits: Marie Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment