Monday, April 26, 2010

Spring/Summer 2010

If you haven’t already checked out what’s in for this year’s Spring/Summer (or at least in Malaysia just Summer) look, here’s a quick update on them! :)

Seeing as it’s always summer here, let’s start with the basics. Florals!
Runway-Florals-1   
Seriously though, what is not to love about them. They’re fun, summery and oh so light! Not to mention that with florals, there are a whole range of different patterns you can choose from. From the teeny tiny baby bud prints, to the bright bold popping prints, from vintage to pop art. The choice of prints are endless!

ZoesaldanaZoe06 Zoe02Zoe03  Zoe04-Pink-Dress
Above is a photoshoot that Zoe Saldana did for Self Magazine. Am loving the bright happy beachy floral prints!

And below are a few of our favourite celebs in florals!
100412A2_GILSIG_J_B-GR_04INFphoto_1247836FP_4877032_Bundchen_Gisele_FP_042110spl171202_012

Next up, underwear as outerwear!
Runway-Lingerie-2
Personally though, I would say I would prefer to keep my underwears as underwears. But then there are certain exceptions that are totally acceptable. E.g. corsets! Love’em! However, will admit that wearing underwear as outerwear can be a little tricky as you might end up more dressed for the bedroom than for the outside.

nickyJLOspl171202_037paris
Can I just say, I am loving J.Lo’s nude corset dress!

From the bedroom, to the jungles.
Runway-Tribal-1
Well, not that I am a fan of jungles, but certain tribal prints do work it for me. ;)

ciaraFP_4809964_Richie_Nicole_AAE_040710spl171202_001FP_4813129_Hilton_Sisters_WIC_040710
Last photo, on Nicky Hilton. That can be considered tribal right?

This has got to be one of my favourites. Drapes!
Runway-Drape-2
Love them! The soft textures, the flowy lines. It’s so ethereal. Especially love it when it’s coloured nude or white or soft pink. Yes, I like girly things!

AUDRINAPUSSYCAT
spl171202_032SGomez_CelebsInSequins_GL_8oct09_PA_320x480

Shing-Shing. Bling-bling. Oh-so-shiny-things!
Runway-Shine-1  
I love shiny things! The moment I walk into an accessories store, it’s like something goes off in my head. "Ding.Ding.Ding.” I want!

100412A2_AGRON_D_B-GR_01 AMcCord_CelebsInSequins_GL_8oct09_PA_320x480   sequin8sequin4  sequin7
I don’t know what Paris is wearing, but that’s WAY too much bling! But I do kinda like the dress and accessories, just maybe not together.  

And so, that concludes the very basics of this year’s Spring/Summer Trends! Do note that these are just a few basic trends, there are quite a number of variation to these trends so never be afraid to experiment!

Before I leave, here are a few more photos of the outfits that I do like, but didn’t quite fit into the above mentioned categories. :)
39477PCN_Ripa01ALISON         gisele_19_wenn2801257  INFphoto_1254464             
    
Lastly, if all that isn’t quite enough, here’s a quick A-Z Trend Report on this year’s Spring/Summer look by Vogue.

xoxo WN.

No comments:

Post a Comment