Sunday, July 11, 2010

A Cuppa for your Lips

Lip balms. I remember when I first got introduced to lip balms. It was by my still current BFF, all the way back in Form 1. Or was it Form 2? Minor details. Moving along, the lip balm I was introduced to back then was LipIce. Can I get a show of hands of those who remember LipIce? It came in a tube and had flavours such as Strawberry, grape, lemon etc. Personally, my favourite back then was Strawberry and being young and foolish I loved the cold tingly sensation it left on my lips. But now as age is slowly creeping up on me, I find that there are just some lip balms that don’t quite work for you. I’ve tried an assortment of lip balms. Chapstick. Guardian Grape. The Body Shop. And yes even Vaseline. I still do use Vaseline, but only at home because I don’t quite fancy carrying the tub out wherever I go because it’s actually melted on me a few times when I took it overseas. Plus, the moment you lick your lips with Vaseline on it… Nasty! But otherwise a really good balm!

So when Cynthia, owner of Tanks for 5 brought in lip balms by My Lip Stuff, I did not hesitate to grab a few. :) But of course, I told myself to finish the lip balm I was currently using first which happened to be one by The Body Shop.
Not knowing which flavour to pick I asked Cynthia to give me a top 10 list of her favourite balms, and from the list I chose Dog Poop and Key Lime Pie. I really wanted to try out Cat Pee but sadly, it was out of stock. :(

This post will be about Dog Poop, as I haven’t opened my Key Lime Pie yet. Heehee. DSC00808 DSC00809
First of all, please don’t be put off by the name and the image on the lip balm because I assure you this balm is gonna take your dry, cracked, dehydrate lips and transform them into soft, moist, luscious lips!
 DSC00810 DSC00811
Made out of all natural, chemical-free ingredients which include; Sunflower oil, Beeswax, Cocoa Butter, Sweet Almond Oil, Aloe Vera, Essential &/or Flavour oil.
What with all the pollution, littering, and cruel animal testing facilities (click here to sign the petition against building an animal testing lab in Malaysia), it is always a wonderful breath of fresh air when one is given the chance to help out our dying earth by supporting all natural, environment friendly products.

Now onto the texture and flavour of the balms. :)
 DSC00814 
Dog Pop described as a yummy blend of Caramel & Coffee.
And boy does it deliver! The scent and flavour of this balm is absolutely delicious! I really gotta agree with Cynthia on this one, it’s literally like sipping a cup of Caramel Macchiato from Starbucks! Yum! Delicious! If you love coffee, you betcha that you’re gonna love this flavour!

Though of course, there are some people who will find the scent a little too strong (like my BF, what does he know about lip balms). But for me, I find that the scent is just right. It’s neither too strong nor too light. It’s definitely a good pick me up! I love how delicious the scent is, makes me wanna lick my lips all day! And if something is gonna be under your nose all day, heck! It should very well smell good!
DSC00815
For the texture of this balm, my BF finds it a tad greasy. Not the case for me though, I’ve tried a lot of lip balms and I find that it isn’t greasy at all! It’s in fact better than a lot of other balms out there. Especially when there are so many silly little greasy lip balms that the moment you take a sip of water you gotta reapply again! Not to mention, how some of them will just seem to slide off and disappear!

With this balm, I can actually take a shower and afterwards the lip balm is still on my lips keeping it smooth and moist. But of course, I didn’t choose to apply it and shower, it was more of an accident. I applied the lip balm, realised I had to go out in an hour and proceeded to shower. So there we go. An accidental experiment. And hey! It was worth it too! Who woulda thought that lip balms can last you through a shower! Not I!

And just in case you’re wondering how I look like on a regular Sunday afternoon. Here’s a photo of me having a cup of hot Green Tea with my favourite mug from Starbucks! And being naturally greedy, I obviously have to pick the Venti sized one! :)
DSC00819
Umm, please ignore the mess that is my room. Thankies! :)
And umm, gosh didn’t realise how poufy my hair is today either! Dang.

And here is a very begrudging review by my sister. :)
Review: I is hate my sister so much cause she has forced me to write about a lip balm. I mean what can you say about a lip balm except that it’s a balm for your lips and that some have smells and there are those stick ones where you can straight apply one on or those in a jar or container sort of thing where you have to stick your finger in and apply with your fingers and then there’s the gooeyness because some are less sticky and gooey and more on the dry side so it won’t feel like your lips are full of jelly the end.
Basically what she is saying is that, some of the lip balms that come in pots are a little irritating to use and that some of them tends to be a little too greasy and gooey. Making you feel like you’re wearing jelly on your lips. Must admit that the pot balms by The Body Shop does tend to be a little on the gooey side, while this one is not gooey at all and it’s definitely more moisturising than most.
When asked if she would repurchase the balm for RM12 she said that yes, she would provided that the current one she is using goes missing or finishes.
Hmm… perhaps it’s time for her balm to mysteriously go missing. Heeheehee.

Lastly, because My Lip Stuff is an environment friendly product, they do what they can to help the environment by using recycled and recyclable materials whenever possible, so instead of just tossing your finished balm into the bin, have a separate bag for plastic products and recycle them whenever possible.

So if all that hasn't convinced you that this is an awesome balm, then head on over to My Lip Stuff Malaysia to read MORE reviews and to purchase one to try yourself. After all, there's more than 30 flavours to choose from!

Keep a look out for our Key Lime Pie review! Which will happen when I open it! :)
xoxo
WN.

Ps: Gosh. Please ignore the crappy photos. I took this with my phone because my camera is with my friend at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment