Sunday, August 8, 2010

Polishes!

Because I am a HUGE fan of nail polish! I decided to create this little post just for me, a little wish list of nail polish colours I would like to own. Currently, I own only 14 colours. Yes, it’s a sad measly amount but I assure you the collection is slowly growing. :)
I decided to create this post mainly to remind myself of the colours I wanna get and to make sure I don’t get similar colours. So I guess this would be a Review/Comparison of colours as well as a Wish List. :)

To make things easy, I’ve shortened Color Club to CC, and China Glaze to CG. :)

Not quite sure where to start on the colours, let’s just go with Pink la!
body-soulbeauty poptasticscrangie ali
From left: CC Poptastic, Zoya Ali.
Though I already have CG Pool Party (it’s a medium pink neon), I felt that I wanted a hot, neon, bright pink that was a little lighter, so I think that between CC Poptastic & Zoya Ali those 2 would be a good choice, but of course now I am stumped between which one to get. Poptastic is a little more neon, while Ali is just a bright. I think I might go with Poptastic as it’s lighter in tone.
scrangie sugar highscrangie heli-yum 
From left: CG Sugar High, CG Heli-Yum.
Why CG Sugar High? Cos I wanted a candy pink? Well, I already have OPI Feelin’ Hot-Hot-Hot! So I think I might give this a pass.
CG Heli-yum. I wanted a nice berry pink. But then I do have OPI Lunch at the Delhi, however I would say that Heli-yum is a tad bit more berry-ish than Lunch at the Delhi. So definitely getting this colour! :)

Moving on from pinks, soft colours!
the nail nerd cotton candyscrangie peachy keen
From left: Orly Cotton Candy, CG Peachy Keen.
Hmm, between Cotton Candy and Peachy Keen I would say there isn’t that big a difference and seeing how I’ve had good experiences with CG’s application I might go for Peachy Keen instead. After all, CG is the cheaper option. :)

scrangie light as airthe nail nerd lollipop
From left: CG Light as Air, Orly Lollipop.
Gosh! I thought between Light as Air & Lollipop the colours would be similar, but now I see they are not! Light as Air has a bit more blue in it while Lollipop is pretty much purple all the way. Gosh, I am torn. But seeing as how I already kinda have a blue (CG Bahamian Escape) I might just have to give Light as Air a pass. Shame, it’s a pretty shade too. :(
 scrangie mint candy applescrangie refreshmint
Clockwise from top left: Essie Mint Candy Apple, CG Re-freshmint.
Mints. Am starting to really like this particular colour, though am not such a fan of green I will say that this Mint colour is different and really pretty. Looking at Mint Candy Apple & Re-freshmint, I would say that Re-freshmint looks fresher and more minty, while Mint Candy Apple looks a little washed out in comparison. Could be that Re-freshmint was taken with flash, but even so Mint Candy Apple just doesn’t look that appealing to me.
scrangie take me to your chateau  
CC Take Me to Your Chateau.
Why oh why did I add in Take Me to Your Chateau? Why? Gosh, I must be wanting a nice pale, blue colour that Bahamian Escape doesn’t provide. That colour is more of a bright medium sky blue. So I guess this colour is a YES!

We’ve had Pinks & Pales, now we gotta do the Brights!
body-soulbeauty almost famous
CC Almost Famous.
I’ve previously tried on OPI Need Sunglasses & The It Colour, but sad to say though the colours themselves are rather lovely, because I have a yellow tinted skin tone, the colours and I just didn’t go gel so well. So right now, I am hoping that CC Almost Famous would be bright and yellow enough to look decent against my skin. And not like the other 2 colours I tried on where it just looked a little dirty on me.
scrangie sun worshipper
CG Sun Worshipper.
Gosh! CG Sun Worshipper is SO GORGEOUS! I absolutely love the perfect blend of yellow and orange. It’s neither here nor there, just a nice in between. This colour is definitely a must get for me! Now dang, I hope it goes well with my skin.
scrangie paz
Zoya Paz. 
Paz oh Paz. You leave me undecided. I must say, this is a really lovely shade of orange. It’s really ORANGE. I do like the colour a lot, but I am actually rather worried how it might look against my skin. Will it be good? Will it be so-so? Or will it just be downright Hell No! At the end of the day, you can’t really tell till you try them colours on. Aih. Really undecided.

Blood reds.
scrangie well always have paristhe nail nerd thorned rose
From left: OPI We’ll Always have Paris, Orly Thorned Rose.
Can’t decide between OPI & Thorned Rose! They’re almost the same yes. But slightly different? No no, they are almost the same. Gosh, this is tough. Orly is definitely more affordable, but OPI’s colour looks redder. Hmm, but then I do already have Black Cherry Chutney which is a dark red purplish colour with slight shimmer, more purple than red I would say. Considering that Orly is cheaper, I think I’ll be getting that one and if I’m really unsatisfied with it, I’ll just have to get the OPI one! :)
scrangie ruby
Orly Mandalay Ruby. Orly Ruby. - Screwed up the names. :( -
Currently I do own OPI Girls Just Want to Play, but after watching Rihanna & Eminem’s Love the way you Lie, I decided that the red Rihanna had on looks way redder than the one I own. Mine is a tad lighter and more of a tart red than a rich fiery red. Girls Just Want to Play is definitely more fun, playful and bright. I would say it is almost a Chinese New Year Angpow red with a dash of tart-ness to it. Not exactly the fiery red that Rihanna was wearing. So this colour is another must have for me! :)

Last but not least, miscellaneous colours that are uncategorised.
nail galore iron butterfly
Orly Iron Butterfly.
After I saw Nail Galore’s Lady Gaga Bad Romance nails, I fell in love with the colour! Am definitely a fan of Lady Gaga and when I saw Iron Butterfly, I knew I had to get the colour! I already do have a basic black (OPI Black Onyx) but I didn’t have one that looked like that! It reminds me of our tar roads for some reason, and I absolutely love the rugged look of it!
scrangie chroma-toes
CG Chroma-toes.
Gosh! I love this colour! Normally I don’t like shiny, shimmery, metallic colours, but this I LOVE! Only because it reminds me so strongly of Wolverine. :) Shiny, strong claws. Very cool. Love him. And yes, this would be my very first chrome colour. Can’t wait to get it!

scrangie tickle my francey
OPI Tickle My Francey.
I have been looking for a nude shade that isn’t quite so pink, because I already have OPI Heart Throb. While that makes a pretty pink base for your French Nails, I wanted a slightly browner/nuder/beige-ier colour for my nails. Hence, Tickle My Francey. Looking at this colour, I feel that I am lacking a nice light-medium brown shade. Might have to go searching again for my perfect brown shade. Can’t say it isn’t fun though! :)

Looking at the price range from Nail Fiesta and having bought 4 China Glaze polishes from them before, I’ve decided to switch to more affordable polishes. Previously I would buy OPI at retail (nuts I know!), but now looking around and checking out more polish brands I’ve come to realise that you don’t have to spend that much on your polishes. The application and colour for China Glaze is just right, and at a fraction of the price of OPI. Though OPI does have more colours, so far for the colours I want I have managed to fine similar ones from the cheaper polishes, which makes me very pleased. Especially since I change my polish once/twice a week. And personally, I’d rather pay RM35 for an OPI polish than RM36.25 for an Essie polish. But that’s just me. :)

Here’s a quick glance at the prices. From cheapest onwards.
Color Club – 20.5
China Glaze – 22.2
Orly – 24.8
Zoya – 30
OPI – 35
Essie – 36.5
Of course these are not all the brands that Nail Fiesta offers, these are just the brands I am interested in. As I said, this post was mainly done for me to keep track of the colours I like & would like to purchase in the future. But if it happens to help others too, all the better! :)

Hahaha Looking back at my list, I realised I’m actually not that big a fan of shimmer. I don’t know why. I guess I just like my cremes. :) Yes, I do prefer Scrangie for swatches compared to the other sites because I like her descriptions and photos and I don’t have to click ‘click to read more’ buttons. Personally, I like to see everything at once and clicking those buttons just requires me to open up more tabs that I really need.

Now my next question. To Konad or not to Konad, that is the question.

*All swatches are credited to Body-SoulBeauty, Nail Galore, Scrangie & The Nail Nerd. Thanks guys! Wouldn’t have this post without you’s!

xoxo
WN.

No comments:

Post a Comment