Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Key Lime Pie – My Lip Stuff Review

Okay, this review has been very very very tremendously delayed! Am so sorry about it! Have been busy with so many other things! The Barbie Photoshoot (I haven’t even finished Part 2 yet! I’m sooooo behind!), Guest writing for Become.com (check out the article here!), and gosh lots of personal stuff as well! Like my one day yoga retreat!
Anyways, I’m not here to create excuses on this delayed post, so without more delays, here it is! :)

If you haven’t already read my review of My Lip Stuff’s Dog Poop here’s a link to it! You can read about how much I love the texture of the balm and how it feels on my lips there. But a quick recap is the balm has a nice smooth waxy texture to it and it’s one of the longest lasting lip balms I’ve ever used. Though of course, there are some people who do find it a tad greasy, I personally think it’s perfect! I love the subtle sheen it leaves on my lips too! :)

Now, onto the flavour Key Lime Pie.
DSC00844DSC00845
The typical pre-requisite photos! Umm, yes I opened it already when I took the photo. Have to try mah!

Okay, let me be honest with you, I couldn’t quite decide which 2 flavours to pick for the balm so I sought the help of Cynthia, owner of Tanks for 5 & My Lip Stuff Malaysia to help me pick the flavours. The flavours that she suggested were all her favourites, so when I checked out the list I decided to give this and Dog Poop a try.

DSC00846DSC00847
All the yummy goodness in this Organic balm!

Personally for me, I have never had a Key Lime Pie so I didn’t know quite what to expect. So when I applied this on my lips, it definitely took me awhile to get used to the flavour! I’m not quite sure how to describe the flavour to you, but letting my BFF try it she says it reminds her of that Candy from long ago called Nano Nano. Do you guys remember it? If you don’t, here’s a photo of it.
p_nano2
Ring any bells yet?
So yes, while personally I do like this candy, I wasn’t that much a fan of the flavour Key Lime Pie. I personally do prefer Dog Poop, while my BFF being not a fan of coffee insists that Key Lime Pie is better! So with this flavour I guess it is pretty much up to individual taste, I will tell you that is rather limey, citrusy and tangy, so if you love flavours like that, you will definitely love Key Lime Pie. Sad to say, not for me though.

DSC00842DSC00843
Key Lime Pie has a almost clear white colour, while Dog Poop’s colour is a slight creamish yellow, if you use Palmer’s Cocoa Butter, that’s basically the colour of it. If you’re worried about colour appearing on your lips, fret not cos when you use either one there won’t be any colour on your lips just a lovely, healthy sheen. :)

DSC00848
My 2 flavours! :)

Will I repurchase Key Lime Pie? Probably not. But if you offer me the flavour Dog Poop, I’ll definitely grab it! ;)

Oh and if you haven’t already heard, Cynthia has placed restock orders for the new batch of flavours!! (Click here to view them.) I have already emailed her a list of my flavours that I would like to have! And all stocks should arrive in about a month! I can’t wait!
Here’s a short list of flavours that I am totally looking forward to!
  • Spank (MLS Owner's favourite. Fo'sho you gotta try it!)
  • Vanilla Buttercream (Can you say Yum?)
  • Butt Naked (Cos I like funky names!)
  • Mojito (I like the drink! Cheers!)
  • Monkey Farts (If you're gonna own Dog Poop and Cat Pee, might as well make it a set with this flavour!) 
  • Peace of Mind (Sounds perfect for nighttime!)
Of course, that’s not my full order list. Just a little short one to give you an idea on what I’ll be taking. :) And yes, will definitely be reviewing all the flavours I got! I’m a huge lip balm fan!
If you would like to be notified when the stocks arrive, do drop Cynthia a mail. :)

Till next time!
xoxo
WN.

No comments:

Post a Comment