Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Self Indulgent Super Syiok Sendiri Hair Post

So anyway, I’ve been meaning to get a hair trim for ages! Finally, on Sunday (21.11.10) me and Pop after doing a bunch of errands and eating a deliciously greedy meal at Bianco, we headed over to Salon de Elements at Damansara Uptown (same row as The Ship). Prices are decent and service is good. If you don’t got a lot of dough, but want a good do, here’s where you should go! Though, if you’ve got a little more dough and like really short do’s, I recommend Shawn Cutler at Bangsar Telawi (ask for Shawn, the owner) or Shawn Cutler at TTDI (ask for Jackham).

Moving along, Pop went to get her roots rebonded, while I initially just wanted a trim.

Heh. If you knew me back in secondary school and college, you’ll know that I’ve had many a bad haircuts. I’ve had a just below the ear horrid haircut, a totally boy cut and all sorts of foulness in between. I think the reason back then I had that many bad haircuts was probably because of the fact that I couldn’t tell the hairstylist that no, I do not like this haircut at all! But now I can! :)

So what started of as a simple trim actually turned out to be a cut that gave me a short-medium-ish bob and a whole head colour! :) Which I am pleased about. Not incredibly pleased, but pleased enough.

As you can see, this is how my hair currently looks like! :)
DSC_0260DSC_0263
As I mentioned, it was originally supposed to be just a little trim, however after the trim I felt that there just wasn’t enough difference to my hair (yes, I know that’s what a trim is supposed to be!), so I told the stylist to cut it a little shorter. Which he did, and since I mentioned to him earlier that I was planning on growing my hair long, he said that this cut will look good once my hair grows out. Sadly for him and me, I am a MAJOR instant gratification kinda person, so while the cut will look good one my hair grows out, I just didn’t like how it looked at the moment, so I told him to cut it all off and give me a bob like do.
DSC_0277DSC_0273
The reason I said that I was only pleased and not incredibly pleased about this haircut, is simply the fact that after going to Shawn Cutler and getting them to somehow cut and style my uber fine hair into a style that looks decently full head of hair, this haircut just doesn’t quite cut it anymore. This is the second time I am getting a cut at Salon de Elements. The first time I cut my hair there I was pretty satisfied with what they did, but this time around, the haircut itself is alright, but nothing too great and it definitely doesn’t make my uber fine hair look fuller. Could be because I used a different stylist this time around, and my previous one was busy attending to someone else. Boohoo to me.

Moving along.
DSC_0271DSC_0278
The colour is actually not as red as how it looks on camera, it actually has some purple in it, but my camera just can’t seem to capture the purple. Also, it isn’t as light as it looks either, it’s a tad darker, not a lot darker, but just a teeny tiny little bit. :)

And that’s all for now. In the upcoming posts on Peep, you’ll be seeing more of me with my red hair! Which sadly, will only last a couple of weeks because red hair colour is the one that fades the fastest. Boohoo. Off to get myself a nice bottle of shampoo & conditioner just for coloured hair!

Till next time!
xoxo
WN.

No comments:

Post a Comment