Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Deadly with Scissors

As yesterday was a nice public holiday here in Malaysia, I had a bit of free time yesterday afternoon after my gigantic buffet lunch at Tao in Sunway Giza (good food at decent prices!), I decided to get a little creative with the scissors. :)

I was looking through a few blogs and I saw these few on ripped t-shirts and I thought, ‘Hey! I’d like to have one! Let’s ask my sister if she has any old t-shirts she doesn’t want.’ And the rest is as you will see. :)

After a bit of Googling, I learnt a few techniques on ripping t-shirt and these are a few things that I came up with. Please remember that this is my first attempt, so if it isn’t looking too fly, just to let you know I am still practising and will one day cut up a t-shirt I like that I will wear out!

First attempt.
IMG_3437IMG_3438IMG_3439
This shirt was originally a collared short sleeve shirt. Naturally, not liking the collar I snipped it way off! But of course, not know how long I wanted the rips to be, I cut them a tad too short. But it’s okay…
IMG_3447IMG_3448
Because I can wear the rips in front too! :D

Attempt number 2! Cut up oversized bright yellow t-shirt!
IMG_3441IMG_3444IMG_3450
Okay, as you can see from above the shirt is way too loose for me! What I really wanted was for it to be tighter!
IMG_3446
Like this! So what to do? Back to the cutting board!

IMG_3457IMG_3458
My sister says I look like I wanna kill someone in this photo. But only because I got lazy to smile! Anyways, I made it a little tighter, but then it wasn’t tight enough, but got lazy so just left it as it is now. :) If you notice, I tied up the sides to make it tighter, but didn’t cut off the excess yet so it looks a tad ugly.
IMG_3459IMG_3462
Here is how it looks like after I cut off the excess. So much better right! And yes I am smiling cos I am happier it looks decent now. I think this top would be fun for beach wear! I tad too revealing for normal day wear for me.

Last attempt of the day!
IMG_3435IMG_3436IMG_3434
Because I didn’t like the floral details on the front of the top I decided to cut off some of it and make it into a ripped design. Sadly, being non-endowed in the chest, I couldn’t cut off too much of it. :(
For this, I also had to cut off the sides to make it tighter.

After looking at the front of the top compared to the back, I felt the front was a little too dull, so I did this to it!
IMG_3469
Cheng cheng! Cut out more rips in a triangle shape down the front. Now it looks better! If only the damn floral details weren’t there! Oh well, we’ll see how well I do with the next few shirts!

Anyone wanna donate t-shirts to me?
Can be big/small/oversized/too tight anything! I just need some to experiment on!

To end, this is me deadly with my giant scissors!
IMG_3468

Oh, and if you notice my photos have that little knob thing on the right, that’s my doorstopper. It usually appears when photos for Peep are being taken, I just usually photoshop them out. However, I am lazy for this post, so there the knob shall stay!

And that’s all for now!
Till next time!
xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Cute :) Keep trying and maybe one day I'll be ordering cut-up shirts from you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha thanks! will definitely keep trying!
    gotta seriously dig up some old shirts now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow.... Impressive! Somehow stumbled across your blog from your original entry on My Lip Stuff.

    Lotsa talent going for you here! =) Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Li!
    Thanks for the comment! :)
    Am hoping to make more!

    ReplyDelete