Monday, September 5, 2011

Eye Lines, Eye Shines

So one miserably cold Sunday morning, my mom popped into my room and gave me these 3 sticks saying that she doesn’t use these and it’s for me. In my head I was going, “YAY YAY YAY! New make up for ME, for freeeeeee!”

IMG_3262

Being the miserably cold morning that it was, I was immensely pleased with these simple sticks.
Why am I pleased, one might asked. Well, let me show you!

IMG_3268
First up, it’s the Artistry Eye Stick in Glow.
While I did use this as an eyeshadow, what I really like about this instead is that it makes a GREAT highlighter! I love how the tip isn’t too big where by you can’t really control how much highlight you want on your face, especially around the smaller areas like that area right under your eyebrows. I use this Eye Stick mostly on my brow bone, the inner corners of my eyes when I feel like I need to look awake, on the bridge of my nose and on my cheek bones. The colour is subtly shimmery and looks pretty both as a highlighter or eyeshadow. :)

IMG_3269
Next on the list is the Artistry Eye Stick in Lush.
While I am not one who wears a lot of colours on my eyes, I can’t help but fall in love with this soft subtle shade of green. I’ve tried it on with Glow, and find that they look really well together for a very subtle daytime look! I reckon it’ll be great for people who want a little colour on the eyes but nothing too over the top and suitable for work.

Swatches!
IMG_3270IMG_3271
Top: Glow. Bottom: Lush.
For me to get the colour you see on the back of my hand, it actually took quite a few swipes as the colours are really beautifully subtle. Great for people who are starting out, or who tends to make a lot of mistakes cos they’ve got no patience and are rushing (eh hem, me). The light shades lets you build the colour to the intensity you want. Oh! And Lush is actually a tad greener than in the photo.

IMG_3266
Meet the Artistry Eye Line & Shine in Marine/Day Dream.
How can you not fall in love with a stick that comes in 2 lovely Fall ready shades, and that you get a shadow, liner and smudger brush all in one slim little stick!

IMG_3264IMG_3265
Day Dream: Pale shimmery pink eyeshadow. Very pretty, very lovely, and am very much in love.
I reckon this’ll make a pretty good blush/highlighter combo.

IMG_3263
Marine: Shimmery turquoise eyeliner. Super slim tip for a super slim line. I like!

I’ve yet to try the above 2 colours, but I am definitely looking forward to it. Though I am sadly not a coloured eyeliner person so I don’t quite know how to work with it. Suggestions & tutorials please people!

IMG_3276IMG_3275
Top – bottom: Day Dream, Marine, Glow, Lush.
Hmm, not too sure why the camera captured Marine a tad more blue than it is, the true colour is more of a turquoise colour. The consistency of Day Dream is similar to that of Glow & Lush. The colours are light and very buildable.

Below are a few more swatches of the product. I kept trying to capture the colour as accurately as possible, but sometimes some things just aren’t meant to be.

IMG_3272IMG_3273IMG_3278IMG_3279

Personally, I think these products are really pretty and very convenient to carry around! I love how if you apply a light shade of Lush and a smooth line of Marine you can instantly glam up your eyes for a night out!

That’s all for today! So what’d ya guys think? :)

Till next time!
xoxo
WN.

No comments:

Post a Comment