Thursday, October 6, 2011

Perils of Pre-orders

Yes, it is my other attempt at ordering pre-order items.
Not too sure if you guys remember my previous pre-order fiasco, but let’s just say it was waaaaaaaaaaay too small for me, and in NO way I could wear that out at all! Well, I bought another piece from them in a bigger size and let’s just say I am very pleased with it! Well, if I really wanted to nitpick, the sleeves could do with a little more length but that can’t be helped as most jackets I buy tend to be a tad shorter in the sleeves.

Moving along, I’ve always wanted a Proenza Schouler PS1 Satchel from the first moment I set my eyes on it!
proenza-schouler-ps1
Aren’t these babies purdyyyyyy?

Unfortunately, the price wasn’t too friendly and I never did quite find an affordable enough one to justify the purpose. Not to mention, my ever growing pile of bags.

celebrities-proenza-schouler-ps1-leather-satchel-bag
Don’t these people look GREAT with their bags!

So when I found out FashGasms was selling one at RM68, I could not resist!
I was totally torn between their Brown Suede one and their PU leather in bright sunshine yellow!

In the end, my love for colour won out and I got the piece in yellow! Sucker, I know. Below is the piece I got!
IMG_5202
Looks great doesn’t it!

IMG_5203IMG_5205IMG_5204IMG_5206
Details, details, details. Love the quality. Feels good & sturdy.

Seriously, there’s so much to LOVE about this bag. Except just for one small minor detail. Seriously, I should have saw this one coming, but I didn’t, so here’s the small minor detail.
The seller, totally did NOT include any measurements on her blog for this bag, so seeing how the Brown Suede post was above the Jelly Coloured ones, I just blindly assumed that the bags were all the same size, especially since they were both equally at RM68. Not to mention, that all the images while taken from Google of celebrities holding the bag you just assumed it would be the same size right? Or at least, if it was a different size it would be stated on the blog right?

WRONG WRONG WRONG! Oh, how wrong I was!

IMG_5210
Disappointment flowing through my veins.

The bag. Is. TINY! It’s pretty much the size of a standard paperback book!
When I received the parcel, I was wondering to myself what bag did I buy that is this small? Then I thought, surely it can’t be my precious Jelly Yellow Proenza Schouler Inspired bag? In an attempt to comfort myself prior to opening the bag, I reassured myself that, okay maybe the seller just folded the bag in half so that it could fit into the PosLaju bag.
Sadly, that was not the case. The tiny little parcel I was holding in my hands is the size of my bag.

Am I cursed to live the life of buying things too small?

IMG_5208
No space for anything else once a book is inside.

What do I do with things that are too small for me? Sadly, I gotta sell it off because I know for a fact, from the deepest, darkest place in my heart that I will never use a small bag. It just isn’t me. I am a hoarder and therefore need a lot of things in my bag. I just can’t keep this beautiful yellow bag.

*Actual measurements of product in hand.
Width – 8cm, Height – 18cm, Length – 26cm
Design:
2 small pockets inside the bag. Comes with detachable & adjustable shoulder strap.
Zippers:
1 at the front under the flap, 1 behind, 1 large one for the inside, and 1 small one inside.
Comes with dust bag.
Price paid: RM68 without Poslaju.
Price selling: RM60 including PosLaju. (sold)

Personally, I don’t think anyone should spend more than RM60 for this particular bag. If it was bigger, then I’d say yes, go ahead and get it because the quality is worth it. But because of it’s teeny tiny size, RM68 without postage, I say spend your money elsewhere.
This small bag would be perfect for anyone who doesn’t want to carry a lot of things in their bag, and who wants an adorable small bag for everyday use. Plus, the bright yellow will instantly add a pop of colour to any outfit!

Lesson learnt: Do not buy pre-order items without measurements. Or do not buy anything without first know the measurements.

Anyone else ever bought this bag before? Whether from FashGasms or elsewhere?
Also, anyone know where I might get one for myself in Brown Suede? Large size only please! :D

Till next time!
xoxo
WN.

No comments:

Post a Comment