Saturday, November 19, 2011

Krabi, I came–Day 1

Being a rather mental sort of person, I decided one fine day that I would very much want to go on a holiday. While I regularly want to go on a holiday, I so rarely ever act on it. So when that fine day came and I found a Groupon Voucher for a 3 Star Hotel stay in Krabi for RM399, I thought, what the heck! Just give it a go. What’s the worse that could happen right? Bought my hotel, emailed them, confirmed the date and proceed to book my flight via AirAsia.

Having never been to Krabi before I really did not know what to expect and quite honestly did not even bother to find out what there was to do there. I might have briefly Googled ‘Things to do in Krabi’ but quite honestly did not read much and can’t be bothered to remember the things to do there.

So anyhoo, arrived at Krabi Airport from a wonderfully turbulent ride on AirAsia (gotta love turbulence, keeps things interesting on planes ;) ), got myself a 600baht taxi ride to my hotel at Ao Nang and promptly checked myself in. Staff there was nice, friendly and helpful so everything went off without a hitch.

Should probably warn you guys, picture heavy post. Click to continue reading. :)

The entire hotel area can be considered quite big as it’s not one of those typical skyscraper hotels with lifts at your disposal, I had to make my way to my room in this fun looking vehicle!
DSC01616
Muh ride to muh room.

Arrived at my room, found out I was staying on the ground flood. Feeling a tad uneasy about that as it’s easily accessible to serial killers. Yes, I enjoy watching my horror shows but I get scared silly.

DSC01609
Obligatory camwhore photo of my plane outfit. 
Looking like the biggest fashion faux pas alive with my black crocs & turquoise fluffy track pants. Fluffy track jacket also worn, but unpictured as it was just too damned hot to be wearing it out of a plane.

DSC01611
Nice big fluffy bed ALL to my lonesome!
Bed’s a tad on the firm side, but still decent.
Everything about the room was nice & clean and there really was no complaint from me! :)

DSC01612
My outdoor balcony.
Though I don’t know if it’s still considered a balcony if it’s on the ground floor, perhaps it’s called a patio then?

One of the biggest source of my discomfort, found out the lock of the sliding door wasn’t working properly, told Reception about it and they fixed it for me. So when I came back later that night, opened it and realised that it still had the same problem, and by some great strength miracle I managed to lock the door and promptly never opened it again.

DSC01613DSC01615
Hotel beach.
Was nice & clean, and again no complaints from me!

Night was rather uneventful, bought a ‘tour’ to Krabi Town’s weekend night market for 300baht return.
Word of advice here, do NOT take the Krabi Town tour no matter what! Though it is cheaper than getting a taxi there, it is not worth it as the van comes and picks you up around 7pm and only picks you up around 9pm+. Let’s just say that the weekend night market is so tiny, that you can finish walking that little tiny area in under 30minutes. Yes, it’s that small! It’s smaller than our local pasar malam!

DSC01617
Iced lollies!

Looks totally fun & cooling! Until I asked what flavour they had.
DSC01629
All they had were, Pepsi, Fanta & Sprite. So in a moment of panic, instead of saying NO, I said SPRITE! And let’s just say that I am NOT a soft drink person, what to do when you paid for something you didn’t want? Eat it anyway, cos you’re too cheap to let it go even though it was only 150baht or possibly less.
DSC01632
Colourful candies I was inclined to buy until…
DSC01631
Miss Cannot-Keep-Hands-To-Herself Child came and ran her dirty little hands all over it.
No candy for Wei Ni. (Insert very disgruntled Wei Ni here).

DSC01621
Pandan roses for sale!
They’ve got these single leaf pandan roses placed all around the hotel room as well to give the room a fresh & natural scent.

DSC01627
What are these wonderful, colourful circles?
DSC01625
Why, they’re piggy banks of course!
Am now a little bummed I did not get these, but I figured that I had no use for them anyways.

DSC01622
Oh, sir! Who are you standing there in the dark looking so blue?
DSC01634DSC01623
‘Why, I’m a blue figure to be painted on!’ he replied!
While we have our shiny non-moving human figurines down at Bkt. Bintang, Krabi has their own paint me for a fee human figurine! I wonder does he ever take a shower to wash off all that blue paint, what a chore it must be to keep having to paint himself every night!

DSC01633
Batman! I want dis. Nuff’ said.

DSC01619
Can I interest you in some Pad Thai & Friend Mussel?

DSC01630
Unhealthy Fried Ice-cream for MOI!

With 30minutes to spare, I headed over to the nearby department store and found…


Boots_logo Yes, I am excited about pharmacies!
Saw they were on sale, with a buy 1 free 1 promo & got myself a few products! :D Products will be up in next post!

And after many a long hours, I was finally shipped off back to the hotel! Decided that the night was still young and walked around the area.

Stopped at a bar, bought myself 2 drinks stayed till 11pm and promptly walked back to the hotel. Got early morning island hopping trip, am so not interested in getting up late and having to rush. :) Yes, I know I’m so fun on trips!
DSC01635DSC01640
Mai Tai & their signature drink.

And that’s about it for this post. Totally delayed I know, but let’s hope I’ll be dedicated enough to get the next one up sometime soon! :)

Till next time!
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Been there once but didnt really go round Krabi,Ao Nang or Napporathara Beach..whatever it is called. When I was there, the beach wasnt that pleasant lor.. Smell of PD beach :P

    Anyways, we spent what..1 night there and went to PhiPhi Island the next. Stayed there 2Ns.. XD
    Water was nice and stuff but the resort we stayed in was the one where everyone ran for safety when tsunami hit or something like that. Expensive and dirty + creepy..too far to walk.

    Hope you are having fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha Thanks Lydia! :)
    But actually I went there at the end of September. :P So this post is actually really BACKDATED! Hahahaha But you should totally check out the Ao Nang area, it's actually quite clean. :)

    ReplyDelete