Thursday, April 12, 2012

Favourite mascara!

So far!

As a person who has short, sparse, really straight, downward pointing lashes, finding a good mascara that will hold, lift & curl is not easy!

I’ve always heard good things about Eyeko and when I saw they had a range of mascaras, I couldn’t resist by getting them and trying them out! My favourite of the lot is Eyeko Curvy Mascara. I’ve tried the Fat & Skinny Brush mascara but let’s just say they don’t work quite as well on me.

IMG_2183
From left: Fat brush, Skinny brush & Curvy brush.
IMG_2185IMG_2186IMG_2187
Different types of brush for different purposes.
IMG_1624IMG_1626
Lashes are curled and applied with Eyeko Curvy Mascara.
One of the best thing about this mascara is the fact that the hold is surprisingly long. For me, most mascaras after a couple of hours will start to droop and just go back to how my normal lashes will look. With this, I find that it pretty must lasts all day and the curl really holds.

Quick review on each of the brushes.
Curvy:
Officially my favourite. I can actually apply this without using a lash curler and it’ll still provide the curl & lift my lashes need. Albeit a tad less than when I use it together with a curling tool.  
Fat:
It does thicken & lengthen my lashes but because my lashes are sparse & fine it does weigh them down a little. So what I like to do is apply a layer of the Curvy mascara and a light layer of Fat Brush to help thicken it a little.
Skinny:
It does lengthen my lashes & I like how it separates really well, but since it doesn’t have any curl & hold I find that again I have to couple it with a layer of Curvy mascara to keep it looking long and curled. As opposed to long, straight & slanting downwards.

Overall, I really like these mascaras & my favourite as I said is the Curvy brush but at USD19 I don’t think I will be making a repurchase anytime soon. Will just have to keep looking for an affordable mascara that will work just as well.

What about you guys? Any favourite mascaras? Any to recommend? :)

Till next time!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment