Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Review: Sephora Express Dry Shampoo

Quite frankly, I am a person who HAS to wash their hair everyday. However, ever since colouring my hair a pretty pink & purple shade I am rather reluctant to wash it everyday! As I spent good ol’ hard earned money to get my hair in that pretty shade, dammit hair colour! You had better last!

IMG_3687IMG_3688
The reason why I can no longer wash my hair everyday. But hey! Aren’t the colours pretty? –big geeky smile-

So what do you do when you can’t wash your hair everyday?
You find something that will keep your hair fresh between washes!

IMG_3735IMG_3736
The solution? Read on to find out!

Frankly, I’ve NEVER used dry shampoo before. Though there was one time I’ve tried putting talcum powder on my hair, but sadly that didn’t really work out quite well as I wasn’t sure on how much to use and therefore I ended up looking like a banshee with my super duper white out powdered hair. So that didn’t work. Not at all.

Ever since Sephora opened it’s doors at Paradigm Mall, I’ve been visiting there quite regularly. One fine day when I was there just window shopping, I happened to stumble upon their Express Dry Shampoo and thought, oh well it’s only 29bucks. Even if it doesn’t really work I don’t lose much.

As I was unsure on how to use this product, I found out through the sales lady that you’re supposed to spray the product directly onto your hair & not your scalp. <—important keynote!

IMG_3737IMG_3738
Ingredients & little promises this product makes.

The product comes out clear onto your hair, so there’s no worry about nasty white flakes being seen. It does take awhile for it to set in properly into your hair, and I would say that if your hair is super greasy (i.e. haven’t washed in 2-3days) this product will keep your hair feeling fresh & non-greasy for about 4 hours max. After that, you’ll probably have to top up with another spray coat.

The first time I used it, I rather liked the scent and I was quite surprised at how fresh my hair felt afterwards. However, after about 4 hours I felt my hair becoming limp & greasy all over again. I reckon if you’re gonna be out the whole day/night it might be a good idea to bring this along with you to touch up your hair.

All in all, I would probably buy this product again. It’s inexpensive & it works (albeit for a couple of hours).

Anyone else uses dry shampoo? Any other brands to recommend?

Till next time!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment