Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Black Swan

Hey guys!
I know I haven’t updated in awhile and I do feel bad about it, but I haven’t been feeling like sitting down and writing a post these few days. Also the fact that I haven’t quite had the time to sit down and right one as well. It seems that everytime I’m in front of the computer, I seem to only be replying emails, packing parcels, checking stocks, updating Peep Boutique, finding links to post up onto Peep’s Facebook page and all sorts of other things. So enough with my excuses, here’s a very short post on Black Swan!

Well, if you haven’t heard about the movie Black Swan yet. Here’s a trailer for it!
To be honest, the written description of the movie on the above trailer doesn’t sound too fantastic. But when you watch it, you’re like wow! It’s dark and gothic, a little creepy at times, disturbing too. I’m probably being dramatic about all the scariness, but if you’re a chicken like me, I suggest watching this movie with a friend because you definitely do not want to miss out on the gorgeous ballet costumes, the gorgeous black swan make up and of course the story and Natalie Portman! Yes, I am madly in love with Natalie Portman! I think she’s awesome!
Click here for more on why this movie is so awesome!

Because I am so madly in love with the make up for this show. I’ve included a few Youtube tutorials on how to get the Black Swan look!

First up is one by Michelle Phan. Though I am not such a fan of her, I will admit that she has good tutorials and I do keep going back to check if she has any new updates. Her videos are always very clear and concise, it’s well done and looks professional. Which always helps when you’re starting out with make up, or even if you’re a pro it’s just easier when everything is easy to understand.

She also did up a Black Swan fashion video. So if you’re looking to style yourself and go all out as a ballerina. Here’s a good tutorial for it. :)


Below are a few other tutorials for the Black Swan make up. Sadly, I haven’t watched them all yet so I don’t know how good they will be. I would have watched it if my internet wasn’t being so painfully slow. :(
Anyways, you guys take a look and lemme know how it is. Till then, enjoy the videos. :)


Okay, this look is a tad different than the ones above. It’s darker and more gothic. But I think it’s worth checking out anyways, especially if you’re into really really dark eye make up.

Next up, we have 10 simple items you’ll need to be a ballerina off-duty. Or at least one that is practising in the studio.
1. Leggings
2. Short flowy skirt
3. Comfy shrug
4. Leg warmers
5. Ballet flats
6. Bodysuit
7. Feathered Hairband
8. Bustier dress (if you’re feeling like training in style)
9. Nude lipstick
10. Comfy sweater
Read more about it here!

Okay, and that’s all from me this time around! Will update more when I can! Oh, and I’ve got a few things lined up so do keep a look out for that! :)

Till next time!
xoxo
WN.

No comments:

Post a Comment