Friday, January 7, 2011

Pastel Polishes

So one day, someone showed me a video on Facebook about this Korean girl playing one of Lady Gaga’s songs with a few Iphone/Ipod Touches. All he wanted to show me was how cool and innovative the girl was by downloading a synthesiser thingy for the Iphone and then arranging it so that when she taps each phone, the tones will be different.
Well, that was what he was trying to show me. But instead, all I got from it was, ‘Hey! Her nails so fun!’. And so this how this post came to be. :)

She had a on a different pastel coloured polish on each nails, and I must say, I was greatly attracted to it and knew I had to try it out! And I did. :D Of course, my friend was totally unappreciative of my fab nails and just shook his head at me telling me how I should have focused on the music and not her nails.

Well, is it my fault that her nails were more interesting than the tap tap tapping of the Iphone, which I do not have by the way. So if anyone is interested in getting me a Birthday Present, you know what to get! :D And no, my birthday has not passed yet! You’ve got about a month’s time. Wishful thinking. Wishful hoping. Wishful. Wishful. :)
pastels (2)pastels (3)
Clockwise, thumb – pinkie: OPI Banana Bandanna, Orly Lollipop, Color Club Take Me to Your Chateau, OPI Mod About You, China Glaze Re-fresh Mint.
 pastels (4)pastels (6)

OPI Banana Bandanna is a light creamy yellow, almost like the outside of a ripe banana. Does not sound very appetising but the colour is totally fun!
Orly Lollipop is a light creme lavender. Very soft, very girly.
CC Take Me to Your Chateau is a light sky blue. Though am not really a fan of blues, I really like this colour!
OPI Mod About You is a light pink creme. Would look great as a substitute to white for your French Tips. :)
China Glaze Re-fresh Mint is a light minty creamy green.

What do you guys think of these pastels? Personally, my favourites are OPI Banana Bandanna, Orly Lollipop and OPI Mod About You! Yes, I know I am totally biased because I personally don’t like greens and blues. :P But only because I’ve been going through a major red phase. Will update more on that next time! :)

The applications and drying time for all the polishes were pretty good. This just shows that you don’t have to get the most expensive polishes out there. Though we all know how famous and popular OPI is, but lately, I’ve come to find that they are getting a tad bit overrated especially since there are so many other brands out there that are wayyyyyyy cheaper and have decent applications & dry time!
Don’t just stick to one brand. Experiment and branch out! :)

Oh, all nail polishes can be gotten at Nail Fiesta. Do check out Nisha’s site for heaps more colours and brands! :)

Till next time!
xoxo
WN.

Ps: Please excuse my totally crap application. I just don’t have the patience to put on nail polishes so they always tend to end up on the side of my nails. Teehee! I try!

No comments:

Post a Comment