Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Week 1: Letting your boyfriend dress you

One fine day, I stumbled upon this article about an editor who let her boyfriend pick out her clothes for a week. Finishing the article I was intrigued and decided to give it a shot!

After all, my boyfriend constantly complains about my loose, shapeless outfits which I like to wear so much and not to mention that I usually just throw on a tank top or t-shirt and shorts when I head out. Usually, when you’re lazy you tend to pick the same outfit over and over again just because it is easy and no thought is required. Plus, this will be a good opportunity for me to see what other looks can be achieved from my closet. :)

As we are not living together, I decided that it would be a good idea to make it a weekend thing. So once a week, my boyfriend will pick out an outfit for me and I will wear it. Needless to say, he was most excited at the prospect of dressing me, just to get me out of my comfort clothes.

Background on BF.
Let’s just say that he isn’t the sort to get dressed up. He has no problems wearing jeans that are too short and throwing on a ‘marathon’ singlet. Most of his decent looking clothes are umm… bought by me. So we shall see how he fares. :)

Occasion:
We were heading out to Bangsar, him to teach class and me to get a wax. Then later in the evening, we were heading to The Beer Factory to meet up with friends, so I told him that I wanted something comfortable and not too dressy as we’ll be out mostly in the day.

And this is the outfit he picked for me.
IMG_0312IMG_0313
Black & white stripe long sleeve top, muddy green Supre fitted skirt, brown envelope sling bag and basic black ballet flats from Cotton On.

He originally wanted me to dress up in a white button down collared shirt, making me look like an Office Lady. But I promptly rejected the notion as no one wants to dress up as an office lady on the weekend!

His thoughts:
The reason he picked this look was because he liked how the top and bottom were fitted and not my usual shapeless outfits, as well as the fact that it’s harder to go wrong with earthy tones. Plus, he likes looks that are clean and crisp. Whatever that means, give me a tank top and shorts any day!

My thoughts:
First of all, the top is REALLY old and not something I have worn in ages! The bag is just as old and I stopped carrying it around because it’s too small and I can’t easily toss everything inside. Also, since we were out mostly in the day in a non-air-conditioned place, it was a tad too warm in that top!
This is definitely not a style I would go for, but it isn’t too bad. I feel it could do with a bit more colour.

What do you guys think of the combo?
Don't forget to check back next week for the next outfit combo!

Next week’s challenge:
Something dressy as
 we’ll be going some place nice for dinner.

Till next time!
xoxo
WN.

2 comments:

  1. I think you look great. Casual chic. Stripes never go out of style, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there!
    Hahaha thanks! I think it's okay, still not a look I would pick for myself though. :)
    Will hope for the best for next week! :)

    ReplyDelete