Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Week 2: Boyfriend picking out clothes for nice dinner

I knew it wasn’t a very good idea letting a boyfriend pick out an outfit, but what I absolutely did not expect was the fact that after he picked out the outfit, he is unable to take a decent photo that makes the outfit and me look good. Yes, I’m vain I know. If you think about it though, no one wants to look crappy in an outfit. –Rant over.-

If you haven’t seen the previous post, here’s a link to it giving you a very short description on him. If you’re too lazy to read, let me sum it up for you. He.Can’t.Dress.Himself.Period. Okay, that’s being a little harsh, to put it milder, he does not care for his dressing.
Enough ranting, here’s this week’s look.

Occasion:
We were heading some place nice for dinner, so I wanted him to pick out something dressy for me.

The look.
IMG_0621IMG_0623IMG_0624
Purple sleeveless cotton dress with a straight cut high neckline and a exposed knotted V-shaped back, small black slightly shimmery clutch and black round toe bling shoes.

That day he insisted on being difficult and lazy by suggesting I tell him which are ‘approved’ clothing to wear to a nice place, I retorted back saying, it would be besides the point if I tell you which are ‘approved’ and which aren’t.

His thoughts:
He picked this outfit because he likes how the dress is fitted, and he insists on the dress be pulled longer so that there are no gathers down the front of the dress giving it a smooth, crisp look. Black bling shoes were picked because he thought the bling set off the purple of the dress, and the clutch was picked because that was the best option possible.

My thoughts:
Where do I begin. Though I like the dress, I wasn’t too crazy about the fact that I had to pull the dress down longer thus removing the gathers, I felt that the gathers and the slightly shorter length gave the dress a bit more character and generally looked more interesting. As for the shoes, I honestly would have picked by purple peep toe Aldo shoes, I just wasn’t really feeling the bling shoe with this classy dress.
Let’s just say I prefer last week’s look even though it was got rather hot in the top!

Okay, now it’s your turn to decide. What do you guys honestly think? :)

Next week’s challenge:
Unknown for now as we don’t have anything planned, will just have to play by ear. :)

Till next time!
xoxo
WN.

2 comments:

  1. I don't like how the dress clinged onto you. It didn't do much justice to your figure. I like your style better. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha thanks! :) I agree. The longer length just looks weird!

    ReplyDelete