Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Review: Limited Edition Holiday Balms by My Lip Stuff M’sia

It’s been awhile since a review, so I thought I’d give these a go! :)

As usual, I just can’t resist a whole bunch of new lip balms. When Cynthia decided to bring in more My Lip Stuff Lip Balms I knew I was sold. Doesn’t matter that I’ve got a few more from her that I haven’t quite opened yet but let’s just all pretend I never said that.

I was and still am going through a Mint lip balm flavour phase, so I’ve picked out 2 minty flavoured balms & 2 creamy flavoured balms.

holiday lipbalms 1 (1)holiday lipbalms 1 (2)
Gotta love the fun festive packaging!

Mint Chip Cheesecake: Mint chip cheesecake, a new flavour and one highly recommended by Brea, the owner of MLS!
I must say that I love this balm! I love how it’s got a distinct delicious cheesecake flavour to it that’s incredibly rich and creamy, topped with a very mild chocolate scent coupled with a wonderful minty scent that leaves a tingly sensation on your lips. It’s so good you wonder why you can’t just take a bite out of it! Great for people who love mint & cheesecakes!

Eggnog Ice Cream: Eggnog is a dairy based beverage made with sweetened milk or creamer, mixed with beaten eggs with a hint of liquor, nutmeg, and cinnamon. A very popular drink in the USA during Christmas. We took an eggnog flavoured balm since they're really popular in the US, and chose the one mixed with ice cream to give it a milder scent for Malaysians.
Having never really had eggnog before, -save the time where me & my BFF attempted to make our very own eggnog- I really did not quite know what to expect from this lip balm. Taking a whiff from the balm, it’s got a nice cinnamon scent that’s slightly coffee-ish, and an overall creamy flavour. It’s sweet with a mild vanilla flavour, rich and creamy from the sweetened milk. It’s essentially a very creamy, milky lip balm. Definitely worth having if you love cream, ice cream, milk & cinnamon! :)

Festival of Lights: Funnel Cake Flavour! A favourite boardwalk treat. Fried Yellow Cake with Powdered Sugar! Yum!!
As this is something I’ve never had before, I really did not know quite what to expect with this Funnel Cake lip balm flavour. I would say that it reminds me of the Vanilla version of Pink Cake. Equally yummy but not quite as cakey as Pink Cake. It’s got a wonderful vanilla flavour, with a rich powdered sugar scent & a sweet cakey scent to it as well. It basically feels like taking a bite into a fried Vanilla cake & licking all the vanilla icing sugar off it! Sinful & sweet.
It’s stevia sweetened so you can’t help but keep licking it off your lips!

Mad Scientist: Twisted Melon Flavour! An unexpectedly tasty mix of watermelon and peppermint.
Out of the 4 balms, this has to be one of the lightest and most refreshing of the lot. It’s got a strong peppermint scent & flavour that leaves a tingle on your lips. I know the description says watermelon, but I get a more honeydew scent & flavour to it. It’s incredibly light, feels wonderfully refreshing & fruity, while it may seem like an odd combo this really is a great pick me up lip balm! If you love mint, and you’re not too crazy about rich, creamy lip balms this would be a great one to add to your collection. :)

Have any of you tried these balms? Which are you looking forward to trying? Cynthia’s got a new one up that’s unflavoured with very fine glitter in it called Tinsel! Can’t wait to get a hold of that!

Texture-wise, these balms are the same as all the other MLS balms. Smooth & moisturising with an added yummy twist!

Till next time!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment