Saturday, September 18, 2010

Lavender and Pink Cake

I know it’s been awhile since our last update, it’s just that I’ve kinda been sick 2 weeks ago and last week I was pretty much just resting and recuperating as much as I can, and now I’m glad to say I am more or less cured! So we can continue on with updates on this blog and Peep as well! Sorry guys if I’ve been neglecting you! I hope my blog hasn’t completely collected dust yet!

To kick start a better and well me, here’s a little review on My Lip Stuff’s lipbalms. Today, we’ll be reviewing Lavender and Pink Cake! Oh, and Cynthia I accept free tanks and balms as payment! Hahahaha
First up, Lavender!
DSC_0006DSC_0010
Pre-requisite balm photos. :)
Let me just say this, I do like the scent of lavender, I find it very calming and soothing. I love it as a shampoo and body wash, as well as a scent for my room. But as a lipbalm, well… it was an interesting first impression. It’s not that the whole thing is unpleasant, the scent is really calming and soothing and it is EXACTLY like Lavender. Personally, I have nothing against that. I will tell you this though, the first time I applied it, it’s as if I can taste the Lavender on my tongue which I don’t like. However, the next few times I applied it there was no more taste of lavender and it’s just a beautiful soothing scent! Which I am very glad for! :)

108
This balm I would say is absolutely perfect for night time! Especially when you’re just getting ready to head to bed, all you have to do apply this very quickly on your lips and you’re good to sleep! It’s kinda like a 2 in 1. You don’t need to get scented satchels for your pillow anymore, all you gotta do is just apply this before you sleep and you’ll be smelling it’s soothing scent all night long. :)
lavender
Though I will say this. unless you like Lavender you will find this scent a little hard to take as it’s on your lips and on the first try it seems as if you’re tasting it. Which was weird at first, but don’t worry after that initial first shock it does become better. :)

While I was out and sick for 5 days, I somehow still managed to apply lipbalm and this was actually the balm I chose to get me thru my sick days! The scent of lavender definitely helped with sleeping and definitely soothe me as well. Would definitely recommend this as a balm if you’re sick and you’d like something calming and relaxing. :)

Repurchase? Not too sure yet. Will see if I find a better soothing balm! :)

Next on the list, Pink Cake!
DSC_0001 
Let me tell you this, at first when I heard the name and saw the description I was rather skeptical about it. But since Cynthia assured me that this balm is really good, I decided ah, what the heck, just give it a go! And boy am I glad I did!

When I first opened this balm, I was actually recovering from a sore throat and as a result, scent and taste were all screwed up and blocked. So when I applied the balm I couldn’t smell or taste anything. Once my flu cleared up, I gave this balm another shot and loved it instantly!
3363119755_f51134953c_z
This balm is literally like biting into a piece of Vanilla Cupcake and then licking the yummy Strawberry Icing of your lips. It’s totally delish! I seriously can’t stop licking my lips every time I apply this balm! Hmm, that could be why this balm is depleting so fast! Apply. Lick. Reapply. Lick. Reapply… You get the idea. :)
In the description, it says it has a lemon flavour to it, but personally for me I didn’t taste the lemon at all! Just a really yummy Vanilla Cupcake with really yummy Strawberry Frosting! Mmm, mmm good! Cupcake fix anyone? :)

DSC_0003
I actually like that it is Stevia Sweetened because when I lick my lips, I don’t really get this empty, flavourless taste but a nice yummy cakey taste instead! The scent of Pink Cake isn’t too overpowering and with the help of the sweetener it is literally like eating cake! Gosh, I keep licking my lips when I put on this balm! It is that tasty! How I wish Coconut Cream Pie was sweetened as well! I wonder if it’ll be better!

Repurchase? Yes yes yes!!!

Up till now I think I’ve reviewed about 8 flavours now. And since I’m not one with a lot of patience here’s my top 8 list!
8. Honey
7. Iced Tea & Lemonade
6. Lavender
5. Key Lime Pie
4. Dog Poop
3. Monkey Farts
2. Coconut Cream Pie
1. Pink Cake
Though I have to say that between Coconut Cream Pie and Pink Cake, the only reason Pink Cake won was because it was Stevia Sweetened! Yes, I like my sugar!! Otherwise, the 2 of them woulda tied!

Next up on the review list would be Cat Pee & Berry Berry! Yes, I’ve opened them already and have tested them out too! So stay tuned for our next update! :)

Balm photos from me, rest of photos courtesy of Google.

No comments:

Post a Comment