Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Honey, Monkey Farts!

"Serious lip care with a fun flair"
Describes My Lip Stuff’s lipbalms perfectly! These balms are natural, hand made, skin-earth-animal friendly with more than 500 flavours available! It is for me, to date the best moisturising lipbalm I’ve ever used!

Headerlipstuff 
And if you haven’t already heard, it is currently distributed in Malaysia by my good friend Cynthia of Tanks For 5!

Kick starting this post with a flavour review!
DSC_0003 
Honey. Well, I didn’t quite know what to expect with this balm that said Honey. As I’ve never quite encountered a lipbalm that is strictly honey, I mean after all you get balms with honey as an ingredient but never the flavour alone.
I personally am a fan of honey, I love taking mouthfuls of it or mixing it with cold water. As a result, I didn’t really think twice about picking this flavour.
DSC_0005 
Opening it up and sniffing it, the smell wasn’t very strong. Applying it on my lips, well if you’ve ever tasted honey, that is exactly what this balm tastes like. Just imagine taking a tiny amount of honey and applying it on your lips and that’s what it is exactly. When I lick my lips, it does have a faint honey flavour as well.
honey3
So overall, this balm isn’t too special or different or interesting, it really is just. like. honey. But then when the description said “Smells just like fresh Honey.” I should have known and just taken it’s word. Because it is JUST like honey. Hahahaha I really cannot think of any other ways to express how much like the real HONEY this balm is!

The scent and flavour isn’t unpleasant, and I wouldn’t exactly call it bland either. It literally is just like honey. :)  However, I must add that this flavour seems to last longer than the other flavours that I’ve used (Dog Poop, Key Lime Pie, Iced Tea & Lemonade, Coconut Cream Pie).

If you’re looking for a simple lipbalm that doesn’t have complex flavours, this is the one for you! Though my first impression of it wasn’t a positive one, it is not a negative one either. But with continuous use of this balm, I would say that this balm is highly recommended for Honey Lovers only! The scent just becomes a little too strong for my taste!

Repurchase? Probably not. The Honey scent is too strong for me.

Next up, Monkey Farts!
DSC_0311
Description:
Who could resist this customer request?! A mix of Banana, Grapefruit, Kiwi, Bubblegum, Strawberry, & Vanilla!

Well, with a name like that, how could I resist purchasing it! Not to mention that the description of the balm sounds simply yummy!  Except maybe for the Banana & Grapefruit part. And to be honest, wasn’t too keen on the Bubblegum part either.
 DSC_0312
So opening it up, my BFF AKA POP was totally skeptical about it, but only because she is totally put off by the name! And who can blame her, the name is a kinda dodgy sounding. Monkey Farts? Hello!
DSC_0313 
Taking a whiff of the balm, I must say it smelt delicious! Applying in on my lips, it is YUMMY! It tastes pretty much like bubblegum with just a slight hint of vanilla. And I am very much glad that the Banana and Grapefruit scent isn’t strong! In fact, the only thing I could pretty much taste from this balm is the Bubblegum-ness. That is definitely the strongest and most apparent flavour from the balm.
chalin-tea-house-honeydew-pearl-milk-tea-5903885060121_d1fa2ea46d
I would say that the closest description to this flavour is either Bubble Pearl Milk Tea in either Honeydew or Champagne flavour or Gumballs!
 c104846_443_detailbubblebrats
You know those Gumballs that are in a machine and you put it 50 cents and you get a nice big round Gumball? That is pretty much what this balm tastes like. The Gumball flavour of it I am glad to say isn’t too put-offing. It is in fact quite yummy. It is pretty much like chewing on a gumball minus the cramped jaw!

For Pop, she says that this balm reminds her strongly of the Honeydew or Champagne flavoured Pearl Milk Tea, and because she is OBSESSED with honeydews she likes this balm too! Though we both have to agree and admit that we like Coconut Cream Pie better!

Repurchase? I would have to say 80-90% YES!

Now that you’ve read what I said about Honey & Monkey Farts. One must wonder what does it taste like together. So of course I must go and try. I put a light layer of Monkey Farts first, and then a slightly thicker layer of Honey. I must say that the combination is quite pleasant! So when you lick your lips you get a small taste of bubblegum & vanilla from Monkey Farts and a light scent of Honey. Yum! Oh, but do note that if you put 2 layers some might find the whole thing a tad too greasy, so just lightly coat both layers instead to get the mix of flavours! :)

Okay, so after doing that combination I just had to wipe it off and apply a layer of Iced Tea & Lemonade, then another layer of Honey. And YUM! The Iced Tea becomes a little less bland and has a lovely Honey scent and flavour to it! Though when you lick your lips, it still has that Iced Tea flavour which I don’t quite like, but at least I’ve found a way to use up my Iced Tea & Lemonade! ;) GO me! And for some unknown reason, after applying the honey over Iced Tea & Lemonade my lips felt a little tingly. Kinda like when you apply LipIce? But just very slightly and very briefly. It wasn’t unpleasant, just surprising. But then that could be just me. :)

And while I’m in the midst of writing this post I am also creating my next order list! :) Yes, I am a lipbalm fanatic. I’m addicted to it! But only because I love the texture and the fact that it is completely natural ingredients! We already slather so much chemical filled things on our bodies, might as well try to reduce it by opting for all natural products!
OH! And of course, the fabulous flavours help too! ;)

At RM12 per tube, I say you are definitely getting your money’s worth! How long can a tube of lipbalm last? According to Cynthia if you use the balms regularly (e.g. too many times throughout the day!) one balm will last you about 3 months. Otherwise, you can always check out the promotions that is currently going on for the balms! :)
* Promotion #1: Buy 10 tubes of lip balm, receive two random tank tops, for FREE!
* Promotion #2: Mystery Pack of 2 lip balms at RM23 only (save RM1)
* Promotion #3: Mystery Pack of 4 lip balms at RM44 only (save RM4)
* Promotion #4: Buy 15 tubes of lip balm, receive one mystery tube of lip balm, for FREE!

Promotion 2 & 3 are great for those who want to test out the balms, but get lost at flavour selection! Which trust me, with that many flavours you will get a little lost! But then hey, with that many reviews I’m sure you’ll somehow find a way to pick a flavour that you like! ;)

Till next time then! I hope you enjoyed this review! I love balms! And do let me know if you’ve dared to experiment with 2 flavours on your lips. ;)

xoxo
WN.
Balm photos from me, rest of photos courtesy of Google.

No comments:

Post a Comment