Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Couldn’t Resist

If you’ve read my previous post you will know that I totally gave into temptation and bought a Mystery Pack of 2 lipbalms, eventhough I already ordered a whole bunch of them from Cynthia from the new batch!
I just couldn’t resist getting 2 more balms because I felt that the new balms were taking too long to arrive and I personally am not a fan of Key Lime Pie!

DSC00863
My mystery pack of 2 came packaged like this! :)

DSC00865
Opening up my 2 random lipbalms! Today we’ll be reviewing Iced Tea & Lemonade!

DSC00870
The balm is a clear white colour and not a cocoa butter colour like Dog Poop.

IMG_7819
About the flavour, I would say that the scent isn’t very strong. It’s rather mild, and the Lemonade flavour for me wasn’t very apparent either. It pretty much tastes like the Iced Tea (without sugar added) from Carl's Jr. Light, refreshing and not too bold.
If you like Iced Tea and if you like a flavour that is mild on your lips, you are sure to love this flavour. For me, I do like Iced Tea but found the whole thing a little bland. Probably won’t repurchase this flavour.

So anyway, since this balm is Iced. I decided to ICE my balm! :)
DSC_0202
Yes, I left my balm in the freezer and totally forgot about it! Hahahaha so when I was getting ready to write this review, I searched high and low for it and couldn’t for the life of me remember where I put the balm. Then I went downstairs to look for food and found my balm standing proudly in the middle of the freezer!
DSC_0203DSC_0201
How did it feel after I left it in the freezer for awhile?
Well, it felt really nice and cold on the lips! Definitely a good pick up me on a warm day! But other than this fun factor, not such a great flavour to be honest.

The next flavour I’ll be reviewing is Coconut Cream Pie! Personally, not such a fan of Coconut but decided to give this one a go since it’s supposed to be really good!
DSC_0210
And it IS good!! The moment I twisted the cap open and took a whiff of the balm. It just smelt heavenly! The coconut wasn’t too overwhelming and the blend of cream & vanilla with it just made it really delicious! Gosh, just thinking about the balm now and sniffing it under my nose. It’s too delicious and it’s making me hungry!
I know I mentioned that I usually prefer to use balms for a few days before reviewing them, but for this I’m making an exception because it is THAT good!
 DSC_0211
It’s creamy and yummy and reminds me so much of the beach! Yum! There truly are no words to express how yummy this balm is! This is definitely a must try for everyone!! Love it to bits! Definitely will repurchase this flavour! Dang, they need to make this into a body lotion. Gosh. Or they shouldn’t, I might want to eat myself!
Between Dog Poop, Key Lime Pie and Iced Tea & Lemonade, Coconut Cream Pie is definitely my favourite of the bunch! Can’t wait to try out the rest of my balms to create my very own top 10 list! :)

 182620
And this is me being really pleased with Coconut Cream Pie! So everyone, don’t get put off by the Coconut and get one for yourself, because this is DELISH!

Till next time!
xoxo
WN.

Ps: Gave Pop to try out this balm and she is in love with the scent as well! It truly is divine!!

No comments:

Post a Comment