Sunday, June 17, 2012

Singapore Photo Blog

Or as I would like to say it, PLOG! Was down in Singapore last month to catch Lady Gaga’s concert (which was SO AWESOME!) and here’s a quick look into what I did. :)

IMG_2466IMG_2469
Left KL at 6AM-ish. Caught the sunrise on the way down. :)

No more photos till about late night as we spent the day visiting my uncle in Segamat to get spectacles fixed, tried to visit the famous Tangkak Beef Noodle shop only to find them not open, then somehow ended up on the old road and spent about 3-4 hours shopping in Joho Premium Outlet (JPO). Managed to secure a pair of adorable Adidas shoes, 1 bikini top & bottom from Ripcurl. Considering that La Senza was there too with panties going at 6 for RM45, coming away with only THREE items is a HUGE feat for me! –pats self on back-

Head to dump stuff at friend’s place, ate at a local chapfan place, visited supermarkets to stock up on some groceries & beer then headed out to Orchard to check out a few bars my friend recommended.

 DSCN0967IMG_2476
From left: Acid Bar, Alley Bar.
Acid bar has a pretty good live band on Sunday night and I am madly in love with the girl’s voice. It’s awesome! However, as it was a Sunday night it was mostly empty and FREEZING cold. So do bring your sweaters.
Alley bar is also another freezing your ass off place, but it’s got a really amazing dark, quiet ambiance. The perfect place for chilling with friends. Ah, how I wish these 2 bars were here in KL!

Next day, I have ZERO photos because one of my good friend doesn’t have roaming and he wasn’t spending the day at Universals Studio with the rest of us, so I lent him my phone. But Universals Studio is a MUST visit, and if you’re going during peak season, getting the express pass (as painful on our pockets as it was) is a MUST. No need to wait in line for 1-2 hours for a ride and you pretty much get to sit on your ride almost immediately!
Dinner was spent at a place suggested by Bangsar Babe called Breko Cafe at Holland Village. Good thing we decided to stop there too, as we were too cheap to buy any food in Universals & only brought 2 power bars each. Thank god, they had water fountains everywhere! Burgers there were pretty good and after the long day it was very much appreciated along with a cold mug of beer.

Next morning was spent waking up with a cup of coffee at Papa Palheta, another place recommended by Bangsar Babe. Yes, she’s got pretty good recommendations so do check out her blog for more! IMG_2480IMG_2489
Getting my espresso then latte fix!
Coffees were so good & what a wonderful way to wake up in the mornings!

IMG_2494
Dear photographer girl, why my picture with sexy boy so blur? :(
Rest of the afternoon was spent shopping in Orchard & taking photos with the A&F’s hotties!

Got myself 2 tops (5 & 10SGD), 1 silver clasp hair tie (5.9SGD), 2 bikini tops (7.9SGD each) & an Iphone cover (5.9SGD) from H&M. Again, coming away with only so few items, I must really commend myself for being so frugal! All these were at a wonderful bargain! It was all under 10SGD, how to resist!

Went to check out River Island, and was so tempted to get these gorgeous grey about 6-7inch heels which were under RM100! But after many thoughts, decided to let it go because they weren’t my perfect size. But as I went through the day, I kept thinking about it and asked my friend to go & grab it for me (busy getting ready for Gaga) only to find out they only had the left side of the shoe. The other side seems to have gone… Missing. WTF?

IMG_2497IMG_2496
On our way to Lady Gaga’s Born This Way Ball! Sunset, you so purdy!

The concert, let’s just say was an AMAZING 2hours&20minutes! The opening was buy a pretty decent DJ (gosh, can’t remember his name). And she finally came on and gave the best show ever! My favourite part was when she asked the ENTIRE stadium to put their paws up and give a shout out to Indonesia (her concert got cancelled there sadly).

IMG_2504IMG_2505IMG_2515
Please excuse the less than amazing photos. Only had my phone with me. Plus, was too busy enjoying the show to really take any photos. Ah, to go to another of Lady Gaga’s concert! Filled with love. Straight love. Gay love. General love!

IMG_2522IMG_2568
It’s her! It’s her! Can you see her? She’s there! OMG! As my 16 year old sister would say, I’m fan girl-ing.

IMG_2570
After the concert. The cold empty stage. Gaga COME BACK!

So ends my short trip to Singapore. The next day was just drive back home to Malaysia. Boo!

And as usual, looks like in the end it turned out to be a regular blog. I don’t know why I TRY not to say anything.

Oh well, till next time!
xoxo

Ps: Why am I such a long winded, draggy person? Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment