Monday, May 13, 2013

Live Fast & Dye Hard with Manic Panic!

When you don't get exactly what you want for the price you want, find a way to DO IT YOURSELF! :)

That was the case when I've been trying to get my hair the perfect shade of pink/purple/turquoise that not only looked bright & vibrant but also lasted and wasn't too expensive. I've been frequenting Hairkunst to get my hair done lately, and I must say that I am LOVING their service! My go-to persons have definitely gotta be Bambang or Alea! Both who are incredible professional and do such good work!

The problem with getting your hair done at a salon is that it isn't particularly budget friendly (though I still LOVE Hairkunst's service) and the fact that because I am looking to dye my hair in such bright shades the colour never really last as long as you want it to.

So when my mom told me that my uncle would be making his yearly visit back from the States, I just KNEW I had to get these Manic Panic hairdyes after hearing about them.

Bleaching would be required to achieve these shades.

Photos below taken from my Instagram account. Follow me (@peepboutique)!
The 4 colours I picked. Purple haze, Hot hot pink, Fuchsia shock & Atomic turquoise.  

The Process. 
Got my sister to help me section out my hair & coloured it 3 colours! 
From top: Hot hot pink, Purple haze, Atomic turquoise. 

I left these on overnight & slept with a old towel on my pillow with my hair in a shower cap. I also did some blowdrying to create some heat for the colours to seep in. 

The Results! 

Because I previously dyed the bottom of my hair green & there was some still left on my hair, the turquoise turned out a little more green than I expected. But nonetheless, I am VERY PLEASED with the results! 

Because my previous hair was really damaged at the ends, I had to cut them off and give them a more even length shape so with my hair down, the green/turquoise isn't very obvious. 

Actual unfiltered photos. 
Colours in real life are brighter & more vivid than photos.
Yes, this is me glaring at my sister. But hey, you can see a hint of green/turquoise underneath! 

Like what I'm wearing? Shop! 
Colourful leggings: Patchwork or Pixels
Seen here wearing Patchwork Leggings in Patchwork Blue. 
Neon chiffon top: Upside Down Tulip Top in Highlighter. 
Little black dress: Heather in Black. 

Because these hairdyes are semi-permanent they are definitely gentler on your hair compared to permanent dyes but won't last as long. I'm the kinda person who has to wash their hair everyday and with using a hair colour specific shampoo, after a month the colours are still there though the purple has faded the most with the pink faded in strands. Note to self, for colour longevity, purple is not your friend (as much as I love it!). The green/turquoise I am happy to report is lasting pretty well. 

Follow me on Instagram (@peepboutique) for sneak previews on new updates by PEEP or just to see what I get up to on a more or less daily basis. Social media addict I am!  
Don't forget to check out our Facebook (fb.com/PeepBoutique) & Twitter (@peepboutique)! Hashtag us if you've worn any of our clothes (#peepboutique). :)

Manic Panic does ship internationally but it doesn't come free & it doesn't come very affordable either. My recommendation would be to get someone who you know is coming back from the US to bring these over for you. Also, hair bleach cannot be shipped international, but they are readily available at most pharmacy or hair specialty stores. 

If you've got any comments/feedbacks to leave us a message below! :)

Till next time!
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Whoa!! I love your hair girl!! I used Manic Panic too but now Im using Special Effects which is known for their longevity, I'm glad to find a dye hard friend here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Hahahaha YAY! At least I am not the only one as well. :) I am still using Manic Panic, but just recently I went to try out La Riche Directions. So far seems okay, so hope for the best! Where'd you get Special Effects from? Can we actaully buy it here? :)

      Delete