Tuesday, August 27, 2013

City of Bones Premier with Sephora!

Today's post is by none other than my sister, Ping! She's currently back in Malaysia for a couple of months to take a break from what I hope would be hardwork & studying in the UK! 
As I had a hair appointment I just couldn't miss (:P), so I got both my sisters (Ping & Lulu) to go in my place. Photo captions by me! :) 

On the 20th of August, my sister and I got free tickets for a preview screening for the book based movie, City of Bones at GSC cinema, Midvalley Megamall. 

Movie passes! 

We arrived early and decided to have dinner before we went to get our tickets. When we finally went to the event area which was outside GSC, there were a lot of people around ready to take their free tickets, complimentary goodie bags, have their pictures taken to be printed on cards with the city of bones theme, and just random people being curious about what was going on. 

Lulu in the top photo, Ping in the bottom. With the characters (which I would assume) Alec, Jace & Isabelle. 
There were also models dressing up as a few of the main characters of the movie (cosplayer) with whom you could take photos of or have your pictures taken with. My sister was obviously being a fan girl, wanting to take multiple photos with them and being unhappy with how dark the lightning was when I took photos of her with her phone camera, opting not to use flash as it looked uglier with it.

Have your photo taken & montaged! Final product at the end of the post. :) 


Finally, when we entered our designated viewing room and sat at our seats. There was a guy who told us we could not use any recording devices and that we were not allowed to use our phones - gasps! How dare they? No phones for one hour plus? – On pain of being forcibly removed from the screening.

The movie started, it was interesting and I was not severely critical of it as I had not read the book recently, so I was not terribly disappointed if some scenes were more rushed or cut out or changed (unlike someone I know) but I was rather annoyed by someone commenting virtually non-stop on the movie and how it differed from the book, talking so much while I was trying to enjoy a good movie. Sometimes you can’t choose who you sit next to in a movie, there may be noisy people but at least this time there were no phones ringing during the movie.

All in all, the movie was good I would say, much better than the other new book based movie with modern Greek heroes and heroines which I shall not name now as it was too painful but also had an incessant commentator sitting next to me as well then. This movie had good effects and I really liked some of the characters – the bad guy was cool! And the main character had cool powers as well, new runes anyone? – Though opinions may differ from mine on it.

 NYX goodie bag, NYX discount vouchers just for Sephora White Card members, movie passes & popcorn+drinks vouchers! 
Freebies from NYX! Unfortunately, the Twin Cake is neither me nor my sisters colours so we'll be giving these (not one, but TWO) NYX goodie bags away! More details coming soon. Stay tuned to our Facebook Page for more info. :) 


I would say that it was quite an enjoyable experience and movie and many thanks to the sister that allowed me to watch the free movie because she herself was unable to go. :D

As promised, both my sisters as Shadow Hunters. Yeah, they need work!

Till next time!
xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment